Monday 14 January 2008

Ok- this is mostly about the team I wish would get relegated

this season. Newcastle. If only to wipe the idiotic conceited smirk of your archetypal Geordie fan's face. But before I launch into that I just want to say one thing. God Man U look good going forward. they have, what I think, is perhaps one of the most potent attacking forces in recent times in Tevez, Ronaldo, and Rooney. It says a lot that a player with as much guile and class as Tevez should look like a goal poacher against the other two. Admittedly Newcastle made them look better than they were over the weekend which all ties in nicely to the primary theme I said I wanted to start with . In the absence of Allardyce are the Toon Army finally watching the sort of football they want? I thought not. Besides, I cannot imagine Mark Hughes, who is currently making little flirty eyes in the direction of Mike Ashley and putting on his best black and white 'you could try and fuck me' frock, making the Toon Army sweep aside the likes of Chelsea as Moses would the Red Sea either. Regardless of whether this previous sentence makes grammatical sense or scores high on the readability scale or not.

Newcastle fans however are not interested in Hughes, and his little black and white dress. They want Mourinho. As was widely reported yesterday. And I am sure they do. They want him. I expect Jimmy Fivebellies used to shut his eyes and bash one out while imagining a Pamela Anderson and Jet the gladiator threesome too. So while Mourinho is sure a dreamy accessory in the big cock contest that goes on between premierhip chairmen, Mike Ashley had more realistically set his sights lower. I mean, I hear Peter Reid is available...

2 comments:

Jason said...

Utd are a joy to watch at the moment.

It is also clear that England have two world class players and I mean by that genuine world class, as in, players who are conceivably part of a World XI. And the two are Rooney and Rio Ferdinand, who is playing superbly alongside Vidic (who is also a terrific player and competitor).

I don't think, looking around, that England have any other world class players, some people might suggest Gerrard, he would be the only other candidate.

I know it is very popular to bash Ferdinand for his failed drugs test and his flash harry style off the pitch, but I really enjoy watching him play. Of course his concentration tended to slip occasionally, but when you have so much natural ability, is it surprising. Anyway, performance-wise, his character appears to have developed (perhaps in the extended absence of Captain Mainwaring, Mr Gary Neville)

Capello MUST build any England team, going forward, around what is best for one man - Wayne Rooney. You make a great point Chris that Tevez, for all his talent, has to bow to the other two, but what they all share is real hunger and character and competitiveness, none of them go missing and all are quick, direct and much too clever for the bulk of the Premier League's defenders.

Ronaldo's first touch for the third goal was exquisite.

(And I'm not a Utd fan, just a football fan)

Chris Paul said...

Yeah, I hate Man Utd, but you gotta admire 'em...