Wednesday 7 November 2007

Recommended Read

OK- I haven't actually read this, but since a friend's brother wrote it I said I would plug it. With that said I am going to read it. It sounds good, in that jumpers for goalposts kind of way.

"stuck for a xmas present for that football loving relative? why not buy my brother's brand new book 'from sheffield with love'?released to tie in with the current 150th birthday celebrations of the world's oldest football club sheffield fc, it's a rollicking romp through the growth of football in victorian times, facsinating and irreverent, charting the development of association rules and its birth in the english public schools and sheffield factories.*every page is packed with at least one potential football quiz gem.
cheapest place to order it is from thebookdepository.com (free p&p).'from sheffield with love' by brendan murphypublished by sports books. £8.99
go on!

* the works team of the factory where our dad worked and where me and brendan worked in summer holidays once reached the fa cup quarter finals, losing to west brom. while wearing long johns and caps. crikey!"

No comments: