Tuesday 6 May 2008

the promotion contenders

I would like to do a thorough in depth proper article about the teams in the play-offs. I can't. I have not the time to research a piece properly. So those of you that like subjective meanderings will be pleased. Anyone here for proper copy on this subject should leave now. Which of the following would Football Overdose like to see gift 6 points to the majority of premiership clubs next season.

Bristol City

Hooray for them. I lived in the West Country for years, my mum works in Bristol, and because of this local connection Football Overdose would love to see them promoted. Also, my sister in law's brother in law's son plays for City. And I like idea of having, very, extended family in the premiership.

Watford

Even if Watford are on the tube they aren't a proper London club. But Elton John will be pleased. They are sure to fulfil the same bracket as West Brom, ie- they play good football but don't win enough matches- should they be promoted.

Crystal Palace

Neil Warnock is a good manager. But he is disliked by many. He's never done anything that controversial but seems to get right on everyone's tits.

Palace hope to cement their position as yoyo club par excellence.

Hull

God knows. I thought they played rugby league. Is Dean Windass playing for them? Is John Prescott a supporter? Did he ever regurgitate a meat pie at half time? Did the club celebrate promotion in the infamous artalt drinking den Spiders? http://www.arachnophilia.org.uk/

No comments: