Wednesday 24 October 2007

Ugliest Premiership Team

Professional footballers of course get all the luck. Talent, money, fame, and looks (um, actually,no). While the creamiest and most drooled over of our demigods grace the tabloids and glossies, and bag the the best of the B-List, lots of footballers would struggle to pull in a dark night at Ritzies. Or they would if their bank balances were diminished to the levels of us mere mortals.

This was brought to my attention last night while my girlfriend and I watched Man U thrash Sparta Prague. "Rooney is a monster" she gasped. "He looks like a baby troll".

"Ronaldo has a wicked and arrogant look" she said before adding "like the kind of guy you'd avoid on holiday."


"What about Rio Ferdinand?" I asked her.


"He is ugly too. But there could be something noble about him."


"Yeah, he does a lot for the kids. " I told her. Well, he might do, as far as I know. A little something for the kids of Moss Side and Newham.

Gary Neville of course was injured. So we couldn't recoil at him too. Indeed, there is a rolecall of fug-ugliness at Old Trafford. It has grown and become more apparent in the glamour vacuum created post-Beckham. So, if there were a competition for the ugliest team in the premiership, Man Utd would get my vote. You woud not catch me sucking Darren Fletcher's cock. (admitedly it would take an unlikely turn of events for this to enter the realms of desirable possibility, for either party) .

This of course is an opinion piece. Based on nothing more than my girlfriend and I's jabberings during a predictable match on a Tuesday night. I have not done any scientific research into Premeirship asymetry. So, if there is an uglier Premiership side out there, feel free to prove the matter.


3 comments:

Jason said...

Not the ugliest team (I would guess that's probably Portsmouth, who clearly have the ugliest fans, in fact, the only argument for not wiping Portsmouth off the map is that Southampton would remain, that these two preposterously violent towns where nobody would ever choose to live are locked in a sporting 'rivalry' (despite neither ever winning anything but bragging rights over the other' is truly a thing of wonder) but, whenever I wish to cool my not insignificant ardour, I always find that summoning up the face of Jamie Carragher, mid-whining at the ref, always gets the job (not) done.

Chris Paul said...

my nan was from southampton. *bristles*

Jason said...

She had bristles? Most of the women down there have full beards, so I take it she was something of a beauty!

Apologies! But I do find their rivalry amazing, as it is not founded on actually being rivals to anything. It is like Borges' comment on the Falklands , "Two bald men fighting over a comb"

BTW, check out my job app on my blog today, excellent!