Thursday 28 August 2008

Liverpool fluke it (again)

Liverpool somehow found a way passed a "courageous" Liege team last night, with Dirk Kuyt providing a very late winner.

This result is really one of the litany of Liverpool last gasp wins/escapes. It seems every season Liverpool conspire to make the results as close as possible. This makes for high drama, and helps explain the clubs appeal beyond the permed confines of Merseyside.

There is a top 10 but because of the constraints of time ie I do this blog while pretending to work- I'm going to concentrate on just three.

Liverpool's Top 3 European Seatedgers:

3) Madrid 0 Liverpool 1.

Alan Kennedy scores in the 82 minute.

2) Deportivo Alaves 4 Liverpool 5

I am so glad I went to the pub to watch this one. I have a prize for anyone who can remember, without googling, who scored the winner.

1) AC Milan 3 Liverpool 3

Liverpool were 3 0 down to a good Milan side at half time, I almost left the pub but stayed to giggle at scouser carnage and shattered dreams. In the canon of greatest comebacks of all time.

6 comments:

Jason said...

I think LFC give the "you'll never walk again" treatment to the odd linesman or wanker in the middle.

Anonymous said...

Own goal hmmmm if I remember right

divyaselvaraj said...

really superb information in this site...




oxford to Heathrow taxi

jerry said...

interesting blog..thanks for share to booking taxi please click here minicabs

sarath said...

thanks for your posting.

cheap gatwick taxi

Unknown said...

thanks for providing information...Minicab airport transfer